Applying for a Grant
- Grant applications are open for the annual grant after the treasurer training at the beginning of the Michaelmas Term. For the 2023-2024 academic year, that is October 2nd.
- Treasurer training is provided to help navigate the grant process and to demonstrate how to use the bank account. This training is mandatory to complete before a decision can be made on your grant application.
- Refer to the Grants Policy Document before applying.
What is the Society Grant?
- Provides funding to help societies fulfil their constitutionally defined objectives.
- Awarded annually, it is not tied to membership numbers.
- Grants are based on a society's classification and activity.
- Additional funding via supplementary grant application can be applied for in the Hillary Term to supplement your annual grant.
What does the CSC fund?
- Basic Running Costs: Covers general activity expenses, up to €635.
- Speakers’ Expenses: Includes entertainment, travel, and accommodation.
- Receptions: Funding based on membership figures up to a limit of €400.
- Society Classes/Workshops: Expenses for relevant classes.
- Hire of Items and Purchase of Materials: Subsidises one-off materials.
- Capital Items: For essential equipment. Can be expensive. Must be purchased by the end of the first semester.
- Competition & Affiliation Fees: These must fulfil the aims of the society.
- Library Expenses: Enhances existing society libraries with DVDs/CDs/books
- Society Travel: Funds conferences, competitions, and field trips.
- Other: Applies to any other society-related expenses.
- Contact CSC Treasurer for guidance.
Can our budgetary limit be raised?
- Yes, request a limit increase if needed.
- Speak to CSC Treasurer and complete a supplementary grant application online.